Thursday, February 6, 2014

Vacation has officially started!

Today was our last day of work before the big trip, whohoo! Eva and I have a spa morning planned tomorrow and then a few final errands to run before we head out on Saturday morning. We were able to score some Air Canada lounge passes from work for us to use when we get to Toronto for our first leg of the trip, so that will make things more fun - free food, drinks, etc. and a comfy place to hang out and relax before our long flight to Frankfurt. We are so lucky to have connections!

I must say that I set up this blog without thinking that Eva might want to share this information with her friends and family as well, so although the name says "Mindy's adventures in India" it will be Mindy and Eva's adventures in India that I will be blogging about! Sorry Eva for leaving your name out of the title!

This is my first vacation abroad by myself and for this long. I am a little nervous about being so far away from everyone, and everything familiar to me, but I am very happy that my amazing friend Eva has invited me on this journey and will put up with me for two whole weeks! She may regret ever inviting me. I actually invited myself - well more like begged her to go and to take me with her. Eva and I have been through a lot over the ten plus years we have known each other and she is like family to me, so I know that we will look out for each other and have a great time. I can't wait to update everyone on the crazy things we will do and see!

I am so very thankful to my husband and my mom for making this trip a reality by juggling their schedules so that Taylor will be looked after. Knowing that India was the one place in the world I always was curious to see, and thought I would never have the opportunity to go to, this is certainly an opportunity of a lifetime. I am so blessed with a supportive family :)

Getting Excited!!!

Mindy (aka. Miranda)

2 comments:

  1. It sounds so serene. Glad you are all having a blast. I can only imagine the difference in culture and how things are done, I totally get the difference in time promises, that was very much like Europe.LOL Remember our disgust when there was no elevators, escalators, etc. in England? LMAO We are way too spoiled. Looks amazing though. I told my students I would probably be shopping the whole time, bahaha, I see the purses and scarves and think oh dear, I would need to throw all my clothes away to bring back stuff. Have fun. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you guys are getting the right start to your adventure. I knew Eva couldn't go without a spa day. hahaha Be safe and most important have fun!

    ReplyDelete